This project is read-only.

Xbox 360 port

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Hi Ryann

I just want to tell you that Neoforce Controls for Xbox 360 has been built successfully on my local machine (not yet tested physically on xbox 360). It's a quick rip-off on compressions and quick replacement of Xml by using Linq.Xml.

If you want to help review the code just let me know I can send it to you. Otherwise it needs to be a later stage I can clean up the code as I'm quite busy these days with my game.

Gao Yang

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:59 AM

That's nice, since I have no way to test Xbox360 compatibility, since I don't have one.

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Hi,

I'm currently looking for an Xna 4 Gui and would be great if you could share your Xbox 360 version of the code.

Thanks

Philippe

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hi Philippe,

I can email you if you want (5.6M).

@grimpston:

Do you want to put this to your codeplex space so that it can be shared to people?

- Gao Yang

Nov 5, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Hi,

I sent you an email through the Contact page here at codeplex.com. Did you receive it?

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hi Philippe,

I couldn't send the files to your @me address successfully. Do you have any other address I can send to?

- Gao Yang

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM

What's the limitations on what we can do with the source?

Are we fine to setup a new project to facilitate our own branches of the project?

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Hi,

I've just submitted a patch so that everyone can download it and give a try. :)

The patch contains a bug that cannot render a hovered/focused button correctly. I've spent one whole night and couldn't get it right. Will be really appreciate it if anyone you could spend some time on it to help fix it.

Regards,

Gao Yang

Nov 8, 2010 at 4:59 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM

OK, I've figured out why the hover effect and focus effect on a button are rendered with Alpha masking rather than Alpha blending:

Both hover effect and focus effect need the BlendState set as Additive.

However, if I apply to everything with additive blend state, all the controls are also not right.

Anyone who can give any idea on how to effectively apply only additive blending on the hover effect and focus effect on a button will be much appreciated.

- Gao Yang

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:10 AM

What does it seem to draw?

A possible fix, might be to change the way the Renderer works completely and setting up a 3 Phase draw system, Opaque for normal textures, Additive for color blending and then Alpha blending for text.

Grimston

May 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM

i was fixing some of the bug of the version in the patch section

i dont know if i destroyed more stuffs (aparentely not).

The problem with the close buttom i fixed this way:

Add the code bellow in the Draw method (beggining) of the buttom class

BlendState bs = Manager.GraphicsDevice.BlendState;
Manager.GraphicsDevice.BlendState = BlendState.NonPremultiplied;

And in the end of this method recover the blend state to the original state.
I will work a little in the neoforce controls now, anything, contact us contato@ploobs.com.br ou visit our project http://ploobsengine.codeplex.com/